Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Home Sweet Home

The other day I was riding in a car down the bypass, with my cousin’s husband. DD-da is a very successful computer engineer and is currently living in Hyderabad, though he’s basically settled in Boston. He’s relatively young and that’s why I like addafying with him. When I asked him whether he wanted to stay on in Hyderabad he gave me an odd reply. A reply which I found (rather inexplicably) that I could relate to. He said ‘I can picture myself dying in say…Boston or Calcutta…but I don’t see myself dying in Hyderabad.’

Is that what we mean by home? A place where we would be comfortable dying? When I thought about it seemed right. I personally would like to die in the house where I presently stay. Maybe that’s why they say there’s no place like home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Krishanu said...

i'm sorry if you thought my post was macabre. i didnt intend to imply that home was a place for dying. what i meant was that home is a place where we are comfortable at our most vulnerable. thanks for visiting my blog. do drop by again

9:10 PM  
Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

I'd like to die somewhere in the open. You should POST MORE OFTEN!

12:51 AM  
Blogger alice said...

i loved the post...and i guess thats what home is...

3:26 PM  
Blogger Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

GODDAMN IT POST THE RIFF!!!!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Up Down