Thursday, October 13, 2005

Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?

Aww man…why do all good things have to end so soon. After a disastrous pujo last year this year was going so so well. I had something to do every single day of the puja. Panchami was a bit boring but good. Shashti I enjoyed ragging a ‘dude’ who fancied that Bengalis are rubbish (please ask no further). Saptami I pulled my first all-nighter. Despite being forced to engage in matal-management in the wee hours of Ashtami it was all-in-all great fun.

By far the best of all days was Nabami/Dashami. The day was absolutely sublime. I spent the whole day with my two best friends, of whom one is kinda special to me *blushing*. It was magical. It was like I was on some dreamy cloud (#9 maybe). Floating my way across the aggregation of (sublime) pandals in South Kolkata *dreamy sigh*. For the first time ever, everything was going my way.

Was it to last? Not really. Now I am sure. There is some sort of ‘larger plan of things to keep me depressed’. In what I can term only as heresy, I found people who had partaken in shidur khela. I was passed by groups of people merrymaking while on there way to bishorjon. Could someone please stop picking on me? Am I destined to be the ant under the magnifying glass? Not only do you have to cut short the pujo, but do you have to rub it in??? *takes of specs and massages nose for some strange melodramatic reason*



Well, on a lighter note. MS Word spell-checker’s suggestions for corrected alternatives to ‘Saptami’-
  1. Sap Tami

  2. Septum

  3. Pastrami

  4. Satanic

  5. Pastime
I especially enjoyed number four. ;)

13 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

You seem to have enjoyed the pujo this year!! Subho Bijoya

Rita

8:30 PM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

Shubho Bijoya....looks like you had a good time.

9:02 PM  
Blogger jaded said...

ooh...blushy-blushy ha? somehow everyone seems to be falling in love now!
sorry yaar, next time will def. invite you for blog-meets i know of.
subho bijoya and dont be sad, as they say 'it cant get any worse'!

9:07 PM  
Blogger babelfish said...

Good things come in small packages :D It's over now and at the cost of being accused of rubbing it in
Shubho Bijoya, you blushing baby :D

By the way, there is a blog meeting this Sunday. I believe it's at 4.30 at T3 but for details I suggest you check jap's blog.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Sujith said...

:-))

4:17 AM  
Blogger Krishanu said...

well i did have a good time this year. ok...and stop the teasing plzzzz...

am devastated. most probably cannot attend the blogmeet. got some relatives coming on sunday, who were scheduled to come in the morning but who changed times for some strange reason. now that's really rubbing it in...

7:31 PM  
Blogger babelfish said...

And to rub it in further I have now tagged you. 55 word story please and if you don't know what I'm talking about please refer to my post on October 5th :D

4:15 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

'satantic pastime' should be something good! though there's nothing better than the end of pujo... shubho bijoya!!

6:21 PM  
Blogger jaded said...

so finally you are not going???
thats bad, try to come for some time at least.

1:28 PM  
Blogger babelfish said...

Glad you could make it, but you're the quiet one aren't you??? Hope to bump into you around JU sometime :D

12:18 AM  
Blogger Krishanu said...

had an absolutely fab time meeting you guys. wish i could have stayed for a bit longer!!!

babel: i am about as far from quiet as is humanly possible...just you wait and see

10:22 PM  
Blogger Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

t'was nice meeting you.
btw
u have a great blog!

4:06 PM  
Blogger babelfish said...

oy bachha, where's the story?!!!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Up Down