Saturday, September 10, 2005

Genesis

This is the beginning of the first recorded journal that I have ever kept. Through this page I will relate to you the thoughts, feelings and maybe even conclusions that I have come to in my short, yet not quite uneventful life.

This is not an extraordinary blog. Though a reader may feel that the topics I choose to discuss are solely of local interest, they in some essence or the other have affected or will affect us all. I aim to capture in a unique way the moments that define us. Each individual is defined by experience and shaped by the people around them. I reiterate that this is not a blog about an amazing person. Or even a blog about an ordinary person in an unbelievable situation. I only intend to look at the ordinary things in my ordinary life (things that in all possibility have happened in some way or the other to all of us) in a way that most people don’t want to look at.

So this is the beginning. ‘Genesis’ as they call it. Creation. Maybe not the beginning of something that people will remember after fifteen minutes (let alone a hundred years) but the beginning of an ordinary thing. How many people have looked at being ordinary as an option? That there is joy in being just a face in the crowd, is something that few people enjoy. The privacy of anonymity in a world ridden with hate, fear and desperation. Where there is a price for anonymity. I wonder how soon down the line we will have to pay for air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Up Down