Friday, September 23, 2005

Love or Something Like It

Poets have produced some of the most beautiful pieces on love and yet to date nobody has really ever been able to capture the sheer insanty of being in love, or at least thinking that one is in love. Erm…I should speak for myself. So tell me (yes you) how many of you have been destroyed by Cupid’s sickly sweet heart tipped arrow? *meekly raises own hand*

Well…whatever. The thing is that life as a kid is black and white, right and wrong. As the years roll by, well… shit happens. Why the hell is life so complex right now. Not just love but everything. Why can people not take something at face value? Why does every little itty bitty thing have to be examined and over-examined till there really is nothing left to examine?

Back to love…I dunno. Never been successful at it. Yet it always occupies a corner of my mind. When will I ever learn. Sometimes I wish I were P.B. Shelley’s skylark—

“Thou lovest: but ne'er knew love's sad satiety”

10 Comments:

Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

u never know when cupid strikes :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger jaded said...

"what shapes of sky or plain?
what love of thine own kind, what ignorance of pain?"

if i remember correctly, it went something like that....
one of the most beautiful poems ever written.1st yr. engineerng are u? anyways i wanted to put my hand up too on that questiob of luuuuv
;-D

12:03 AM  
Blogger jaded said...

*question

12:04 AM  
Blogger Krishanu said...

thank you for coming along and commenting. i am a second year engineering student at ju. what do u do?

i am not a great fan of poetry, and dont really read too much. but some poems like this...just make you sit back and think. any poems you recommend i read???

6:49 PM  
Blogger jaded said...

thanks for the return comment
;-D

i am in sociology honours 1st year at st.xaviers.and being a huge fan of poetry i recommend john keats highly.if you like shelly u'll like him i think. also william wordsworth if you are into nature stuff. most certainly w.b. yeats, w.h. auden, ted hughes,sylvia plath and, robert frost is one of my personal favs.read these and you'll be blown away!!

hah, long list i've given you.....btw do keep visiting my blog see you.

12:35 AM  
Blogger babelfish said...

Hey, I was going through your blog, nice work :)

If you really want to read poetry that will make you sit back and feel, try this : http://www.arabiannights.org/rubaiyat/index2.html

I'm also at JU by the way :D

2:45 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Yes, "Poets have produced some of the most beautiful pieces on love...". I suggest you read W.B. Yeats' 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Cheers!!
Rita

5:37 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

PS: It will make a cool V'day note as well ;)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Krishanu said...

thank you all for your suggestions. sorry for having taken such a long hiatus from replying to your comments. pre-puja class tests have occupied a lot of my time.

i will definitely try and go through all the poems you have recommended...

thanx

12:05 PM  
Blogger Y? said...

Hey,
yeah u bet it's s much easier being a kid,all black and white. This girl is bad so she's not my friend types. Ya, I love Shelley's Skylark too, even our pleasantest song is tainted with sorrow(gross misquote i know but still!) We did that in ISC.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Up Down