Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Jaded

Exams are at last over! Am not particularly happy with them. But they are over and that’s really what counts. What really angers me is that we had a class test today even though our sems ended on the 30th. Quite frankly I have never given a class test so comprehensively under-prepared. Spent the whole day at the book fair (love it! love it! feel sorry for those Calcuttans who miss it each year), bought two fish for my aquarium and came back home at around nine. No time to prepare. But more importantly, I didn’t even want to pick my books up.

Fast forward to this morning. Dragged my sorry carcass out of bed and proceeded to haul it college. Teech showed up on time. And then I gave the freakiest test of my life. Teech gave us four questions. Beside the questions he wrote ‘ANY 3’. Then we yelled like there was no tomorrow. Naa sir! Korbo na! Duto din!’ (‘No sir! We won’t do three questions! Give us two!’), following which he replaced the ‘3’ with a happy looking ‘2’. As we started to write he walked out of the class saying ‘Cheating korbe na’ (‘Don’t cheat’) and walked out for the duration of the test. Between 10:30 and 11:15 this morning the word cheating was redefined.

The past few days I have been tired as I have never been before. Truly jaded. My back is giving me trouble. Must do something about it.

6 Comments:

Blogger March Hare said...

ja baba.....ju salt lake campus e erokom test hoy??? ju main campus e hoy na kano??? no fair....we want these kind of tests too....

8:40 PM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

glad you're back among the living!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Rimi said...

well, "cheating koro na" is standard prof-speak in all my ED-depts, and cheating is redefined everytime :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger babelfish said...

look if teaching is constantly redefined through the centuries, no reason why cheating shouldn't be either..sorry, bad joke :D

12:10 PM  
Blogger Shamasis said...

hello krrish.... i am commenting from my new cell!! 7710 is cool.....

6:26 PM  
Blogger Krishanu said...

bimbabati: erokom test jibone prothom dilam. hope you get to sit a few tests like this!

m: so am i! ;)

babelfish: where art thou?

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Up Down